News: Make a Black Floral Magic Cerise Card

In this cardmaking tutorial I show you how I make a cute and quick card using the DCWV Jet Black Stack and I show you that just because it is all black that you can add some colour to make your card pop. This is a really great card project that is easy to make and could be made with any of the stacks that are available or many of the supplies that you probably already own. Step 1: Now Watch the Tutorial

News: This DIY Walking Paper Robot Shoots Rubber Bands from Its High-Powered Gatling Gun Arms

One amazing Japanese papercraft enthusiast has built a walking 'robot' that's made of nothing more than paper, rubber bands, and a few wooden shafts for stability. It's been dubbed the 'Paper Robot III,' and even the cogs and gears are made of paper. The creator made a video detailing his entire process, and he's selling kits to make your own for about $40 US, if you're too lazy to do everything from scratch.

News: This Cardboard Bicycle Cost Only $12 to Make—And It Works!

Stop me if you've heard this one before. A man walks into a bicycle shop, hears about a canoe made of cardboard and is inspired to make an awesome, fully-functional cardboard bicycle. Sound far-fetched? Wait until you hear how his guy actually did it. Israeli entrepreneur Izhar Gafni says that the idea for his method came from Japanese origami. Folding the cardboard increases its strength by 2-3 times, making the material much more durable. Essentially, he made the basic shape for each part w...

News: Obsessively Intricate Paper Anatomy

Artist Sarah Yakawonis uses a technique called quilling to craft complex anatomy art with paper. Quilling, as defined by Wikipedia: "The use of strips of paper that are rolled, shaped, and glued together to create decorative designs. The paper is wound around a quill to create a basic coil shape. The paper is glued at the tip and the coil shaped, these shaped coils are arranged to form flowers, leaves, and various ornamental patterns similar to ironwork."

News: 50 FREE Papercraft Robot Downloads

One of the greatest things about the internet? Free papercraft downloads. Enjoy Botropolis' collection of 50 fun robots. Just download, print, and assemble. My top ten favorites below. Wall-E. Robocop. Optimus Prime. R2-D2. The Terminator. Poseable Toy Robot. Retro Bot. Godzilla. Poco Bot with 6 rotation points. Robot Owl.

News: Oh-So-Elegant Paper Wigs

Atlanta based designers Amy Flurry and Nikki Salk collaborate on some fantastic paper installations, which are “fueled by a love of fashion and an appreciation of grace and nuance of this humble material.”

News: Paper Airplane Guru Sets New World Record

Takuo Toda broke his previous Guinness World record of 27.9 seconds in flight this past Sunday. The paper airplane virtuoso, head of the Japan Origami Airplane Association, aimed to reach a 30 second long flight with his 10-centimeter-long paper aircraft. Unfortunately, he didn't quite make it.

4 Years in the Making: Insane Papercraft City

Tokyo art student, Wataru Itou, spent four long years crafting his meticulous paper city, entitled "A Castle On the Ocean".  The miniature papercraft city was constructed with "basic knives, scissors, hole punches and modeling glue." The structure has a "spectrum-spanning colored lighting system" and motorized paper trains.

News: Fully Functional DIY Pump Action Shotgun Made Out of Paper

This is no paper gun like you've ever seen before. Seriously. Tacome1942's homemade paper shotgun is a life-sized, fully functional Remington 870 replica. It would be hard to tell it apart from the real deal, not to mention it practically sounds like an authentic shotgun, too. The shotgun is made of approximately 97% paper, the remaining 3% consisting of pins, wires, and springs. Check out all the videos below to see the finer details, including the trigger group, shell stop, and disassembly ...

News: This Will Blow Past Airport Security

Papercraft guns are the new origami. The new origami for boys, that is. WonderHowto and YouTube are chock full of paper gun tutorials. Many models are simple, but some are impressively realistic, not to mention functional. My personal favorite (unfortunately no tutorial) is the homemade Desert Eagle .50 cal by YouTube user Changmobile.

News: Make Optimus Prime papercraft

Papercraft + Transformers = Fanboy nirvana. Papercrafting is enjoying a renaissance thanks to its nerd-love. Popularity of card modeling boomed during World War II, when paper was one of the few items whose use and production was not heavily regulated. Micromodels, designed and published in England, were a popular source of military-themed modeling designs.

Next Page
Prev Page