Papel picado is a traditional Mexican paper crafting (perforated paper), and it can sometimes be difficult to cut, especially when you are trying to cut fifty layers at once. To make cutting easy, you can use a chisel, and this video shows you how to make one with papel picado in mind.
You need an assortment of chisels to do the different cuts your design may require.
Tools: Masonry nails, torch, scrap steel, hammer, files, anvil, grinder and vise.
Heat the tip of the nail. To shape the nail, hit the metal several times. Use grinder and file to fine tune the shape of the chisel. To make a semi circle, start with flat nail. Hammer the sides and the middle until it takes shape. After forging, make the metal hard again by heating it and plunging it into cold water or oil. Final step is to sharpen the tip by using a water stone or ceramic sharpening tool. Polish the tip with a fine honing stone.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades