Learn to make beautiful coffee filter butterflies and flowers by watching this video by Kim Janocko. The following materials are required to make them:
- Coffee filters
- Paper plates
- Non-washable markers
- A spray bottle of water
- Pipe cleaners
- A clothes pin
- Begin by placing a coffee filter on a paper plate and flatten it out.
- Next, color the coffee filter with the markers, either scribbling in or by creating a pattern.
- Now spray some water on the coffee filter, about 4 to 5 times, using the spray bottle.
- Smear the colors a little with your fingers, as they start to spread.
- Next, peel it off the plate and set it aside to dry.
- Once it is dried completely, the coffee filter is ready for use.
- To make the butterfly's body, color a clothes pin with the appropriate marker.
- Now take a colored coffee filter and fold it back and forth, like an accordion.
- Place the clothes pin at the center and spread the wings out, to complete the butterfly.
- For the flowers, place one coffee filter on top of another one.
- Then fold them together in half, three times over.
- Now wrap them at the bottom using a pipe cleaner.
- Gently unfold to open the petals of the flower.
Surprise your mother with these beautiful butterflies and flowers on Mothers Day.
Have an iPhone? Check out all 200+ new features coming in iOS 13.