Learn to make beautiful coffee filter butterflies and flowers by watching this video by Kim Janocko. The following materials are required to make them:
- Coffee filters
- Paper plates
- Non-washable markers
- A spray bottle of water
- Pipe cleaners
- A clothes pin
- Begin by placing a coffee filter on a paper plate and flatten it out.
- Next, color the coffee filter with the markers, either scribbling in or by creating a pattern.
- Now spray some water on the coffee filter, about 4 to 5 times, using the spray bottle.
- Smear the colors a little with your fingers, as they start to spread.
- Next, peel it off the plate and set it aside to dry.
- Once it is dried completely, the coffee filter is ready for use.
- To make the butterfly's body, color a clothes pin with the appropriate marker.
- Now take a colored coffee filter and fold it back and forth, like an accordion.
- Place the clothes pin at the center and spread the wings out, to complete the butterfly.
- For the flowers, place one coffee filter on top of another one.
- Then fold them together in half, three times over.
- Now wrap them at the bottom using a pipe cleaner.
- Gently unfold to open the petals of the flower.
Surprise your mother with these beautiful butterflies and flowers on Mothers Day.
It’s Black Friday week on WonderHowTo! Don’t miss out on all of the big sales in the Gadget Hacks and Null Byte shops. And if you’ve been wanting to take some classes without going into debt, check out our best deals on online courses for a variety of skill sets. Don’t miss out on these huge discounts: