Whether it be for a school project or just a funky looking journal or letter, making your paper look antique is very easy. Antique paper is great for invitations, props, unique stationary..lots of things! This tutorial will teach you how to age your brand new paper instantly for a neat, old fashioned look.
You Will Need:
* A used tea bag
* Coffee grounds
* Lemon juice
* A flame
* An iron
Step 1: Use tea
Drag a wet tea bag across the paper. The tea will stain the paper, giving it an aged appearance.
Step 2: Use coffee
Place wet coffee grounds on the paper; then shake them off. The coffee will turn the paper brown and give it an aged appearance.
Step 3: Use lemon juice
Cover the paper with lemon juice, and then expose it near a flame. The longer the exposure, the darker the paper will become.
Tea, coffee, and lemon juice are all acidic, and will decrease the life of the paper.
Step 4: Burn the edges
Tear the edges, then wet the inner borders slightly to keep from burning more of the paper than you want. Then burn the paper's edges.
Step 5: Crumple the paper
Carefully crumple the paper a couple of times, and then iron it.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades