Jenniesbarn has created a video tutorial about how to make hand-dyed crinkle seam binding. She says that crinkle seam binding is popular because it has a vintage look. To begin, she uses a mister to spray water on a ribbon strip in order to allow the strip to crinkle easily and allow color to absorb more evenly when dyed. Afterwards, spray the dye and tossle the ribbon at the same time. It is possible to blend different colors by spraying a different colored dye afterwards. Once the desired color has been achieved, take a paper towel and blot the ribbon dry while scrunching it to create the crinkle look. She uses a hair dryer to speed up the drying process and makes sure to not over-dry the ribbon. The completed ribbon can then be placed into gift baskets and scrapbook pages.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades