Learn the hand method for applying gold leaf gild to a solid surface such as wood, stone, or metal.
• You will need imitation gold leaf, metal varnish, hot hide glue, gilder's size and brick red synthetic enamel.
• First apply the hide glue to the surface you wish to gild.
• Then apply a layer of red enamel.
• Leave for a while until the surface is dry.
• Now apply a layer of the gilder's size.
• Now quickly completely cover the surface using the imitation gold leaf, and brush off any excess gold leaf until you are left with a fairly smooth surface.
• Finally add a layer of metal varnish to complete the gild.
You should now be left with a smooth gilded surface.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades