Save money on your kid's next party by making your own hats! These hats are made with newspaper, which makes them virtually free to create. Making your own hats is also a great activity to do with the kids at a party or anytime!
You Will Need
• Flat work surface
• Elastic cord
• Hole punch
• Hat decorations
Step 1: Lay out the paper
Fold a sheet of newspaper in half on your work surface.
The bigger the paper, the bigger the hat. Experiment to find the right-sized paper.
Step 2: Keep the fold at the top
Arrange the folded paper in front of you so that the fold is at the top and the opening is at the bottom.
Step 3: Fold the corners
Fold the two top corners to the middle of the paper so that you form a point on top.
Step 4: Fold the brim
Fold the top sheet of the bottom, open end upward and over the flaps you folded down. Double the fold and then turn the hat over to fold the other side.
Step 5: Add the chinstrap
Punch holes in either side of the hat, thread an elastic cord through the holes, and tie it for the chinstrap.
Step 6: Customize your hat
Customize your hat with streamers, crayons, or other decorations to make each child's hat unique.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades