You have paisley ties, you have striped ties, now try a duct tape tie. Duct tape comes in a variety of colors and with the help of one of your boring old ties as and outline, you can have an imaginative new tie that you can be sure no one else has.
This homemade duct tape tie is perfect to wear at your next school dance, for a Halloween costume, or anywhere!
You Will Need
* Colored duct tape
* Measuring tape
Step 1: Cut two strips of duct tape
Cut two strips of duct tape, 56 inches in length.
Choose any duct tape color for your tie.
Step 2: Stick together
Stick the two strips of duct tape together, sticky side to sticky side.
Step 3: Trace tie shape
Use your pen to trace a tie shape by placing the real tie on top of your duct tape.
Step 4: Cut out the tie
Cut out the tie shape with your scissors.
Step 5: Decorate
Cut strips and different shapes from duct tape and give your tie a pattern. Make stripes, polka dots, or paisleys. Use a variety of colors to garnish your tie.
Stripes on American ties usually run from the top right to the bottom left while English ties run from top left to bottom right.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades